Cambridge Lateral Filing Cabinet
With the objective of designing a light and graceful desk system, we developed Cambridge. The process required advanced geometry, but it was worth it! Hand-built, we finish four sides of each piece allowing for flexibility in installation.
Studio image in Cherry Derby.
Made with local and sustainably harvested solid Appalachian hardwood. Board-by-board lumber selection process captures the beauty of the wood. Built-to-order by a craftsperson who signs and dates the piece. Catalyzed lacquer top coat forms a clear, efficient, highly-protective barrier with a close-to-the-wood feel.
- Flush-fit inset drawer fronts
- Four sided precision drawer fit
- Clear, strong and stable solid ash drawer boxes
- Dovetail drawer box joinery
- Finished back allows piece to be 'floated' in a room
Drawers run smoothly on ball bearing sidemount drawer glides.